Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sopho Supervisor Console 35 not ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilWilson

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2005
GB
Hi Guys

We have a Sopho is3030, of which I am completely ignorant. We had a maintenance contract with Philips but the FD didn't think it was good value and cancelled it. Now we have a problem and no idea how to resolve it.

We had a major powercut last weekend, and since then the SuperVisor console will not ring. The symbol appears showing an incoming call but the console doesn't ring. The operator needs to sit staring at the screen all day.

I tried the buzzer on/off key in case it was as simple as that but unfortunately not. We don't have a PC or any way of programming the system other than what we can with the SuperVisor console. Philips always used to dial in via the modem to do any programming.

There is a major alarm symbol (large triangle) displaying on the SuperVisor console screen which I guess has something to do with the problem. The Philips engineer used to say that this appeared after a powercut because the phones system came back on before the ISDN lines, so I tried shutting off power to just the phone system for a few minutes, but it didn't help.

Any advice on how to resolve this would be hugely appreciated.

Phil

Hi PhilWilson
When one enters the menu on the Sup 35 using the "keyboard" key you have two options when pushing the buzzer key.
The options should be for alarm and call.The power fail would have generated a minor alarm(small triangle).When switching the console from night to day you will be notified of this through the buzzer.Selecting alarm button should silence this.
You also have an option to turn off the ringing on the console which is done via the call button.Check the screen(centre)when selecting options in the menu.A display of the current status (call on/off)should appear.
The major alarm is a concern as this should have dissappeared after the system restarted.Check whether any other services were affected.
Let us know whether you were able to resolve this and I will assist in clearing the alarm.

Regards
Matt

Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply. I won't be onsite until next week now, but I'll follow your advice and get back to you via this thread.

If I recall correctly, there was also a smaller triangle, which did disappear after the restart.

Thanks
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back