Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sony VPL-CS1 projector changes resolution of Compaq notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjfederer

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
US
I have some Compaq Evo N610c and N620c notebooks running WinXP, one w/ NT, that our sales people use. When they travel they take Sony VPL-CS1 LCD projectors with them. Sometimes the projectors work fine.
Sometimes the projectors change the resolution of the notebooks to be very small and whatever the user wants to present won't fit on the screen. One has to use the mouse to scroll around to view the desktop. Disconnecting the projector and restarting the computer resets the resolution back to normal. I've been testing the setup and like I said, sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't.
The VPL-CS1 has be discontinued and I'm having a difficult time finding documentation on it. I've done what Compaq recommended and the issues is still intermittent. These projectors are at least 3 years old and have been fairly abused in their travels.
Are these projectors at the end of their road, as I suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back