Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sony Vaio keeps trying to update product drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpger

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2004
US
Hi all,

Got a Vaio laptop (2 yrs) that's running Win2K. Periodically a window pops up stating that it's going to update product drivers. If left unchecked, it reveals that it's installing "HP Photo & Imaging 1.0 - HP PSC - HP OfficeJet". This didn't occur 'til my sister plugged in a USB Flash drive this past Xmas. The printer is a HP PSC 2210ix 4-in-1. If anyone else has experienced this problem B4, please advise.

TIA,
[yinyang]

What is in the Start_Button -> Programs -> Startup folder?

"Life is full of learning, and then there is wisdom"

Just had a Dell with a similar problem. One of the "default" programs that came on the setup disk ( a picture album) kept trying to install everytime you would view a picture. I had to go to msconfig and remove it from the "startup" list. Just removing the file gave me an error when the computer tried to install it and couldn't find it.

Cleaned up startup and ran msconfig. There was an entry in the startup that I removed, but the real culprit was an entry in Device Manager. Under disk drives was my HDD and my printer! Clearly something got mixed up when my sister plugged in her Flash drive.

Thanks koala15 & micker377. Case closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back