Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sony PEG-SJ30 ...where to get software???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahnula

Technical User
Jun 26, 2005
US
Hello,

I purchased one of these bad boys many moons ago for the little lady...she loves it and it has been a back-door into the tech world for her. For that I am grateful. It looks and works great.

I went to load the bundled software on her new machine, my old Asus P4 Northwood with Win XP2. Upon install, the disc finds corrupted files. How they got that way I have no clue as the CD is in flawless condition to the naked eye.

I tried copying the CD and results were the same. I need the HotSync manager and Palm OS for Clie Desktop. I called Sony and they want $39.99 for a replacement disc.

Does anyone have a clue where I could find a copy of this essential software? Does it even run on XP? I am very generous with stars so please point me in the right direction. I have faith in this community!

Tony

Tony

I have a PEG-SJ22 and have just had a look at the 'About' screen on the Sony supplied Palm Desktop that came with it. It doesn't mention Clie so I think you could just go to palm.com and download the software you require. I had a quick look at their UK site, several versions seem to be available (mine's 4.1), and I didn't see anything about payment. Worth a look anyway...

Hope this helps,
Roger

UPDATE: After much searching I found the real deal at . They have all the stuff Sony should have on their support site. Not the usual "click here" to download, these folks request an email and reply with an ftp location and password. No problem.

They have a PayPal tip jar and if all goes well they will be getting a tip from me.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back