Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sony CRX0811- missing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurieboo

Technical User
Apr 23, 2003
PH
Lost installed program with recent virus- ugh! Cannot find CD to reinstall. Can only find updates- not complete software. Running on XP. Appreciate help- virus was headache enough, recovery is slow with this kind of stuff!

Thanx!
Laurieboo

I have the drivers, but there are two problems.

1. I need to check the license and see if I can send them to you, or get permission from SONY.
2. The drivers are old. The abCD software refuses to install on Windows 2000, and I suspect it will do the same for Windows XP.

Also, you are saying that you have found updates, I have not been able to find any reference to this CD R/W on the Sony site.

I am probably going to try something like Burn4Free from download.com or zdnet.com.

Laurieboo,

You can purchase the software disc by calling into Sony tech support Mon.-Sat. 8-8 Central Standard Time at
800-588-3847. This disc is $39.90 and payable by Visa or MasterCard. However, the only thing off that disc that you might want would be the drivers, the software is not compatible with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This software and drive are both really old and were not made compatible with these operating systems. The drive however will work on those operating systems, just the software will not. I would advise that you use a different software like Nero for example.

"Astra non mentiuntur"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back