Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sony Clie and photos on memory chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGriff

Technical User
Jun 21, 2003
AU
I am trying to help someone who has a Sony digital camera and a Sony Clie handheld (Palm OS). The memory card can be moved between the two. The problem is that the "photo viewing" software on the Clie can only view the root directory of the memory card, whereas the camera stores the photos buried down a few levels of folders. A workaround is to view the memory card on a PC and move the photos to the root directory, and this works fine. However, this defeats the purpose of having a mobile system. My question is - is there any software around for Palms which can drill down into the folders on a memory card and display the photos?

Question 2: The same person sync's his Clie at home and at work. However there are some items which are personal (mixed amongst non-personal items) which he doesnt want to sync with his work PC. We have tried marking them as private but this just hides them from view but still syncs them. Is there any other method of making specific record that you dont want sync'ed?

Thanks
Peter G

Thanks for the help n3ur0manc3er. I finally had a chance to try jpgview and its exactly what we were looking for. I still havent had any success with question 2 yet.

Peter Griff

Q1. i recommend rescoviewer. it supports other file formats as well, and it's more stable

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back