Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SONY CD-RW CRX175A1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylessKnight

Technical User
Jun 29, 2003
US
Everytime I put in a disc (this is a clean install of XP) it can't read more than 3 or 4 MBs from the disc and it locks up the computer. The mouse won't move, and you have to manually turn it off. It's an AMD Duron (grr) 1.3 board w/256 MB SD RAM. o_O any suggestions for meh?
THANKS for reading, and thanks for replying, if you do. lol.

It could be the driver for your CD-ROM, it may lock because it runs out of memory, I have seen it happen in DOS with the CD drivers loaded, but not in XP. Maybe try removing and then adding the cdrom again from the device manager.

Alright, I tried that, and the computer still can't read from the CD, or from the floppy drive - but when I before and during installation they both had no problem. When the computer freezes the HDD led doesn't go off until restart... no one's heard of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back