Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SONY CD-RW CRX 140E SOFTWARE PROBLEMS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlon29

Technical User
Nov 23, 2003
GB
Like most people it seems, I am having problems with my Sony CD re-writer CRX 140E. I use to have windows ME but have now up-graded to XP Professional.

I re-installed the supplied software (Win on CD version 3.7 and Apaptec's Direct CD 3.01A) What a nightmare! It just has'nt worked since!

I have read and learnt that this Adaptec software is awful and causes driver problems with XP.

The question is does anyone know how I can un-install it properely (I have un-installed it using the "Add/Remove Programs" feature, but it does not remove all of the Adaptec drivers.

Does anyone know of any good drivers / patches that I can download, or indeed, any new software that they can recommend with this Sony CRX 140E RW? (A friend says Nero's good.)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back