Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sony CD hidden software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Russinovich, at broke this story originally and it has received a lot of attention. Go to Mark's blog at the above website for the technical details on Sony's DRM software and ongoing coverage.

Regards,
Mike

As far as I'm concerned Sony should be roasted over this. If this were any of us or for that matter, if it were Microsoft, the DOJ would have had them in court 2 minutes after this was discovered. Absolutely amazing. For those who want to get all the pieces together, and hear all parts of the story check out Bruce's article here.

CISSP, MCT, MCSE2K/2K3, MCSA, CEH, Security+, Network+, CTT+, A+

Surely all this is going to do is force people back to illegal music download sites. I know for a fact that i won't be buying any sony CD's again (I've already formatted and reinstalled my PC)

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

microsoft's anti-spyware will pickup DRM and remove it...
but I think sony is already using something else in its place

iownroot...

Thanks a bunch for the link to Schneier's blog on the matter. It is perhaps the best-written and most comprehensive of all the articles I've read on the subject, and I have read a LOT of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back