Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sony camcorder not being recognized....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoy

Technical User
Nov 8, 2003
US
In 2001 my mother-in-law bought and lent to my wife and I a brand new Sony digicamcorder so we can record her grand daughter. (Don't ask me why she didn't just give it too us!) Well, being the Queen-of-Chaos that she is, before she gave it to us she lost the disk with the drivers etc.

The camera is a DCR-TVR17, which is supposed to be natively compatible in OSX. (I am running 10.2.8) Anyway, Apple's web site says it should work, Sony's web site says it should work. A while ago we borrowed the disk to my wife's aunt's Sony which is a newer but similar model. The divers wouldn't take.

Anyone have experience with Sony camcorders or have a similar experience?

I have a Sony DCR-TVR17 camcorder. It works plug and play with my G4 867 Quicksilver running 10.2.8. Just plug it into a firewire port and away it goes. I never had to load any drivers.

Thanks, OldPhoneGuy! I have been using USB connection for the camera and my mac (Dual G4 867 Mirror Door) doesn't pick up the camera. I saw that the manual for the camera mentions firewire too. So, going with that and your suggestion, I will bite the bullet and go get a firewire cable. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back