Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonicwall TZ210W additional Sonicpoint-Ni

Status
Not open for further replies.

xevious2k

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
Hi All,

I have a client, (law firm), that just moved to a new location, its a two story house and the workers are downstairs and the lawyers are upstairs. We have a TZ210W, 5.8.x firmware, installed downstairs. The wireless works fine downstairs, but the signal is weak upstairs. We purchased a Sonicpoint-Ni for upstairs and wanted to just add it to the existing wireless configuration. Right now, WLAN and LAN are bridged together so everyone is on the same network. I can't figure out how to add this Sonicpoint to the existing wireless.

I connected the SP to X6 and configured it to the WLAN Zone, but I can't bridge it to X0 as that is already used by the existing WLAN. So I had to set it up as a static assignment with it's own IP subnet. Can you guide me, (step by step if you can), as to how to make this work seemlessly on the existing bridged wireless network?

Thanks,
Mark

You might have to disable the internal and just get a 2nd Ni. The internal wifi Will not integrate fully with the sonicpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back