Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SONICWALL TZ210 NAT policies issue on

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexmacgyver

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2010
US
Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with the NAT policy config on a new Sonicwall TZ210 Firewall.

I swapped a Linksys RV082 with this new unit which I have already pre-configured. The issue I am having is the NAT policy for Exchange server. The router's main WAN static IP is "216.x.x.197" and I need to setup a NAT policy to the secondary WAN IP '216.x.x.196" so that the incoming traffice on Exchange server can start working again. I am able to send emails out, but they are not coming in from the outside world (basically the world doesn't know that "216.x.x.196" is here).

FYI: the previous router had a DMZ setup on the WAN port for the "216.x.x.196" address, so it automatically accepted requests from the secondary IP. I cannot setup DMZ on the WAN port of the Sonicwall TZ210, so I will have to create a NAT policy.

The MX record points to the secondary WAN IP "216.x.x.196", so I am fighting with the new "enhanced" Sonicwall OS to make it happen.

can anyone please help me?
Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back