Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonicwall to Fortigate VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPEXE

Technical User
Jan 15, 2012
IN
Hi friends,
I am telecom vendor and has very less interaction with these firewalls. Recently I had installed VOIP IPPBX behind firewall old one IPPBX is behind fortigate firewall.
new IPPBX IP is 192.168.3.101(Sonicwall network-192.168.1.1) and fortigate network is 192.168.2.1.
Both side data traffic,ping from desktop is working fine.
My IPPBX has ping option so I am not able to ping 192.168.2.1 and other IPPBX in same network from 192.168.3.101

Network setting in 192.168.3.101,255.255.255.0,192.168.3.1

I am able to ping fortigate network IPPBX from Desktop and laptop of sonicwall,But not from sonicwall IPPBX

Any help is appriciated.

network settings in IPPBX are proper

Hi IPEXE,

Is there a reason you need to ping the x.x.2.1 interface? I ask because generally, different networks won't talk to each other unless you allow them to, so likely on the firewall there is no rule/route in place to allow x.x.2.0/24 to talk to x.x.3.0/24.

You said there is another IPPBX on the same network as your new one, what is it's IP? Can you ping 3.1 from 3.101?

What do you mean by laptop of sonicwall?

Just want to get the whole picture here.

Is there an issue you're having, like the PBX can't connect to an outside connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back