Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonicwall Pro 100 Freezes - must manaually reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

cplbaum2

MIS
Jun 18, 2004
US
We have a Sonicwall Pro 100 that has developed a nasty habit of locking up. When his happens, all traffic is blocked. You cannot ping the firewall - and certainly can't use the browser based management. We are running firmware version 6.5.0.4 - having updated because we began experiencing the problem using the prior firmware somethime this past Fall. Sometimes it will lock up and hen go a week or even a month without any problems - then will lock up. Sometimes at night, sometimes during the day, sometimes on the weekends when there are few if any users.

The only way to restore is to unplug the device and let it sit for a few minutes before plugging back in. Of course, once it is unplugged, all of the logs are wiped clean.

I thought maybe the problem was unique until I cam across the following post on a different site - seems the problem is significant. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

"When everyone decides, then no one decides.

I had same problem and it turned out to be the power supply,
dont know for sure in your case.

I know it is a late reply, but it may help others....
My Sonicwall pro 100 is very susceptible to power line fluctuations. Placing the unit on a APC Backups unit has made the pro 100 very stabile. I opened the unit and the power capacitors are very small, which means they will be affected by small power anomalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back