Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SonicWALL Mobile Connect on Chromebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbsarge

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2001
US
Hello All,

We recently picked up 15 Chromebooks from our good friends at Dell. My plan is to use our Google Apps domain to force install a number of apps on the Chromebooks through their managed policy. One of these apps is the SonicWALL Mobile Connect client. I would love to be able to include a pre-configured connection but, have been unable to figure out what type of file the app is looking for. Dell is unwilling to support this as it is a free client and we're connecting it to an end-of-life appliance.

Has anyone worked with the MC client and knows what sort of file the app might use?

Thank you.

M.png

cbsarge,

Do you have confirmation that the Mobile Connect app supports uploading a config file?

Here is a link that sheds some light on the configure section: Manage Individual apps

Below is the relevant section.

Configure

Uploads a configuration file to install customized policies and settings supported by the app (only available if the app supports a configuration file).

See Configure a Chrome App for more information about configuring Chrome Apps. Or, see Configuring Apps and Extensions by Policy to learn how to configure policies using APIs.

It looks like whether or not you can upload a config file is determined by the app itself. I would not be surprised to learn that Mobile Connect does not allow that type of configuration.

This link talks about configuring apps and extensions by policies. It may be of some use to you.

JCarmichael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back