Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonicwall Fiber Connection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chitownbrit

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2012
US
Hi All.

I have the weirdest issue that is making myself and the good people of sonicwall scratch their heads. Thought id share the issue and see if anyone has suggestions.

I have a Sonnicwall NSA 240 at Site B connected to Sonicwall NSA 250 at Site B via fiber and ethernet converters. Both on X2. Created routes for the different subnets i want to talk to eachother.

on X1 i have a comcast business class connection and on X3 a backup ATT connection.

When X1 X2 and X3 are plugged in i lose all network ability at Site A. Site B stays up. If i disconnect X2 at Site A, everything wakes up. I plug it back in, Site A shuts down again. The only error i see is possible SYN flood attacks and i have flooding set to watch and report only.

Now if i use X2 and my backup ATT on X3 everything works fine. It's as soon as i plug in X1 that the X2 connection to the other sonicwall goes crazy.

Both Site A and B have comcast business class gateways on X1.

hope this makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back