Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonicwall and real Audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcputer

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2002
CA
I have an older Sonicwall Soho 2. It has servers me well for years, but I am now experiencing a problem with Real Audio files.

This did work perfectley at one time.

Internet connection Telus ADSL 1.5Mb. I now use a D-Link modem, but the problem is the same with a 3Com modem.

The problem is intermittent and has no real pattern. If I use the BBC and listen to any of their programs that use Real Audio I may or may not be able to listen to the program. It will always load 100% but may not play the stream. This is the same for both live and archived files.

If I use Windows media player I have no problems at all. It works every time on either live or archive programs.

Now for the fun stuff.

If I use my D-Link router instead of the Sonicwall everything works perfectly. If I put the Sonicwall first after my DSL modem and then put the D-Link router after the Sonicwall, everything works perfectly. (Cascaded Routers)

I only get trouble if the Sonicwall is the single device.

Window media player no problem, real Audio , trouble.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back