Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SONIC WALL VPN CONNECTED BUT I CANNOT ACCESS THE ROUTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

eacintron

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2013
Good Morning,

I have two Sonic Walls, TZ100. I used the VPN Wizard to set up a VPN between two networks, but the networks still are not seeing each other. I can ping the Sonic Wall from my end, but I cannot log into it in order to check the config. What could be causing this and how can I correct it?

I used the VPN Wizard to set up a VPN between two networks, but the networks still are not seeing each other
You need to set up a NAT rule to convert between the zones. The site fuzeqna.com has some excellent how to documents on setting this up.
I cannot log into it in order to check the config
Are you trying to access the configuration interface via a VPN connection? By default this is not allowed and you need to access the device locally (e.g. SSH into a machine and then use it as a web browser tunnel to the Sonicwall) to enable this function.

I got it figured out. My boss configured it, and I assumed everything was done correctly. I checked the permissions, and verified all of the ports were allowed through the firewall, and finally I started from scratch. I checked the IP address that we were assigning this connection, and found that he had assigned it a .0 address, which I would have never thought to check because I assumed he knew .0 was not an allowable address. I changed it to a different address, rechecked all of the permissions and ports, and its working beautifully. Thanks for the response!!!!!

when you assume.. you make an ass... etc..etc...

my previous boss did the following:

x.x.x.1 as gateway with mask of /28

the rest of devices were on x.x.x.30 - 254 ...

this is the configuration he sent out to our vendors to pre program their devices that would reside on the network... >.>

We must go always forward, not backward
always up, not down and always twirling twirling towards infinity.

I know imbadathis....but being that I am his intern, it wasnt a bad assumption....but a careless one nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back