Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sonic wall - Have an issue remotely connectioning VNC and SMB (and AFP) to one of the 2 ISP circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy_T

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2018
US

Running into a problem.. I have a Sonic firewall with 2 ISP circuits (Primary and Secondary). There is a rule in the Sonicwall that is somehow blocking VNC and SMB (and AFP) connection to our Mac Server on one of the circuits. The remote station is getting the error "Connection failed" (To the mac server) Make sure Screen or Remote Management (in the sharing section of System Preferences) is enabled on the remote computer) ... Which it is because it works on the one circuit but not the other. So there must be a rule that is blocking the connection.

There are a ton of rules for the firewall so I think that must be where the issue lies?

What should I look for in the firewall rules that might be blocking the connection? I do not see anything in the Sonicwall logs on why it is refusing the connection.

Thank you

none of those services should be passed through a firewall... You should be using a VPN for those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back