Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Something Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscreweditupagain

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Allright. Here's the deal. I recently re-installed 2K Pro over 2K Server. When I did this, I reformated the system disk, which was dynamic under Server, into a normal non-dynamic NTFS disk. When the installation completed, somthing strange showed up. W2K seems to think that I have 3 disks, one of which shows up as "failed". The "failed" one says its a "dynamic system disk", even though it isnt, I know this because I only have 2 physical harddisks in the computer. Whats going on here? Is there a way just to delete this non-existant disk?

Did you try going to device manager and seeing if a 3rd disk appears there? If so deleting it and rebooting to see if it comes back. Or reinstall win2k and del the exsiting partions/drives then reformat and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back