Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

someone plz help my printer gives m 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunna03

Technical User
May 14, 2012
ZA
someone plz help my printer gives me pages with lines if i print out colour pics and when i test page the blue ink catridge is the only one with lines plz help

ok, what the hey. I'll assume it's an ink jet, since we have no idea what kind of printer as no make and model was given. Have you tried going through a cleaning cycle, have you looked up to see if there is a deep cleaning cycle, and have you tried new cartridges? Lets start there.

and yes there is printhead cleaning process i tried it and i replaced my ink catridge still the cyan coloured ink catridge is the only one with lines across the other inks are fine....

Often times you need to run the printhead cleaning process more than once, I've had to do it a dozen times to make it work. Run it a few times and print the results to see if it gets better.

Sam

Okay, so now we know that the carts do not have a replacement print head, how many carts have been run through this printer? A print head should be replaced every 10 carts or so, to make them last a little longer, if a few cleaning cycles still results in streaks, take some warm water, and a little dish soap, and then take a q-tip, and gently wash the bottom of the nozzles for the print head till most of the ink is removed, then run a few more cleaning cycles, and it should clean it up.

Also, keep in mind that if an ink-jet unit isn't labelled and marketed as a Photo Printer, it may not do a really great job on photos, and you may be better off taking the photos to Target or Walmart for good quality printing on the first try.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back