Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

somebody out there has to have a solution for this......

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOllie

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2007
Today.....a caller calls the main number and is directed to an auto attendant. The caller zeroes out and is presented to the attendant console until the attendant answers the phone.

What we need.....the caller zeroes out and the call is presented to the attendant console for x number of rings and then is taken to a general VM.

Since I cannot use a phantom extension in a coverage path, I'm not quite sure how I can pull this. Please advise.....

ACA-Implementation IP Office
ACA-Implementation IP Telephony
CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

Not sure if this will work with a console but we needed something similar for a new group of users.

We setup a vdn which que'd the call to a hunt (not an acd) which the p[hones were part of. When the call sat in the hunt que for x number of seconds we then routed it to a general phantom number with coverage to voicemail.

Do you have attendant vectoring? If so you could have the vmail zero out go to a vdn and vector like this:

01 queue-to attendant group
02 wait 30 sec hearing music
03 msg skill 10 for ext 1234

-CL

simreal, can you give me steps? i am only able to queue to a split.

no, they do not have attendant vectoring.

thanks gents.

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

Looking at my backup translations I see we configured it exactly as Lopes1211 suggested.

The only thing we did differently was to plan an announcement advising customers they were being redirected to voicemai.

It's been a long while since then I apologize for the confusion.

forgive my inexperience in call center-type vectoring, but what is the difference between a split and a hunt group?

if i'm trying to queue to a hunt group, what step would i use in doing this?

CCNA
MCP-Windows XP
MCP-Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back