Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Somebody Help - Please Help! I'm going crazy :) Original Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarkid

Instructor
Dec 4, 2006
US
Hello friends,

I have been using Paint Pro 6 for quite sometime now and have run into a bit of trouble. I am in desperate need of finding a solution to this technical difficulty.

I have always pasted images for my guitar music together using PP6 by "Copy" the image - and then "Paste (as New Layer)" onto a blank white background. Doing this gives me the freedom to set my guitar music up the way I need it to be.

My issue just started last week when I was trying to figure out some steps using the software that I had never ventured into before. I must have done something that threw everything out of whack - becuase now I can no longer copy one image and then paste in as a new layer onto another image. It's just not working. I've tried finding something in the help menu that would show me how to set the software to its' original settings, but had no luck.

Could someone please offer me assistance in this area? I'm in a crunch w/ needing to get some new music done and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this thing out. I'd be grateful. Thank you.

Guitar Kid

It's just not working.
Can you expand on that? How exactly are you pasting the new layer, and how exactly is it failing to work.

I've noticed that my copy of PSP9 sometimes loses all its keyboard shortcuts, so Ctrl-L stops working although I can still paste by going through the edit menu. There's a screen somewhere where you can restore the shortcuts to their defaults.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Okay, this is what I do...

I get an image that I've already cropped out of a folder -

Then, I click on it and go to "Edit" "Copy"-

Then I open a plain white background that I will use to paste that image to -

Then I click on that white background and go "Edit" "Paste/as layer" -

Nothing happens. It's always worked that way in the past - literally hundreds of times. I have no idea what to do. Thanks for any suggestions. Much appreciated.

If you open an image in PaintShop Pro then copy it there and go to Edit Paste as layer does it allow you to do it? If it does then the problem lies outside of PSP. If it doesn't then you need to go to File | Preferences and look through the settings. Somewhere in there is a reset facility. I can't give you absolute directions as I upgraded from 6 ages ago.

I hope you manage to sort it out.

Learn something new every day
Using Crystal 8, Oracle Database

Ok, thanks for replying. I've been trying to figure this out for (I think) weeks now - but still no success. When I go to "paste as layer" - it won't let me do it at all. So I went to File>Preferences, but cannot even begin to figure out what to do - or what may need to be done. I tried messing w/ the resolution of something - bringing it from 72 to 110, but that wasn't it either. So if anyone could show to way, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

I still think it may be a problem with your clipboard rather than PSP. To check can you copy and paste into other programs like word or excel?

I did empty the clip board. I don't know much about that, but do you think by emptying it that could be the problem? I have not tried to copy/paste anything to another program like Word - I have to do some things right now - but can try just a bit later. Thanks.

The only way emptying the clipboard would be a problem is if you empty it after copying and before pasting.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on pasting into another program.

Try checking the new image for a RASTER layer. I've had trouble pasting into VECTOR layers before. You can merge all layers of the blank image to start or CONVERT layer to RASTER layer if it is a VECTOR layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back