Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some Struggles with Delphi 10.4 Community edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosty1741

Technical User
Nov 10, 2021
CA
Hi Folks,

I have started programming a library application for the local Rehab Center. I am a retired programmer and the last I used Delphi, it was versions D3, D4, D5, D6.

I am using a SQLite database with a TDBGrid Component. I know I need to fix my DBGrid so that it will take the (WIDEDEMO)
showing and change the (WIDEMEMO) into the actual string. I want to use the grid to enter new rows and be able to see the data. I was thinking about this when I was using the SQLite DB Browser program Where you can see the data and change it if you need to. I have read and read files about this and none of the articles will give me code that is for Delphi 10.4 or that actually works.

I hope that I have been clear on this, any HELP is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Lary

To set up a DBGrid, you need to have a connection component to the database. Once that's set up, you need a TQuery or TTable component, that attaches to the connector, then you need a TDatasource that points to the TTable or TQuery. The final step is to have the DBGrid attached to the Datasource.

Any Delphi book will walk you through this process. The only thing that's changed since D3/4/5 etc. is that the Borland Database Engine has been deprecated, so you need to decide which new connector component you want to use. I really don't know if any connectors are included in the community version, but there are free ones out there. and here's their forum where you can ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back