Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some starter pointers. ActiveX control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

borntorun

MIS
Oct 16, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have vb6 and i would just like some pointers about how i can create an activex control that holds up to 20 columns and, 5000 rows.
It must expose a few methods so that from my html page, my html page i can add in the columnsa and rows, change the values after they have been added, and allow end user to click on the column headers and sort numerically or as a string.

Now i know that i need to create an ocx project...

Beyond that i am a little lost.

So any pointers on where i should start. Websites i can look at would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Thanks.

ActiveX Controls don't generally hold data. They serve to hold and execute functions and sub routines that make retrieving data faster, easier and more organized. In this case it sounds like you need a database, some web based scripts (php, vbscript, jscript, etc...), and NOt an ActiveX control. Good luck

It needs to be an activeX control, if it was one of the others i could do it, i have done those many times. This because we are presenting the data from a db to a user in a web page.

HTML is very slow when you get up to 10,000 rows particularly when you are updating it, so this is why i would like to do it in an activeX control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back