Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some services are causing errors and not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Programmer
May 7, 1998
AM
When I log in I notice that there are tons of errors in the Event Viewer. I think someone much smarter than I is going to need to look at the errors and see if they can figure it out. If anybody wants I can type out the error messages to see if you might know what the deal is.

Just give us an overview of the kinds of errors you are seeing.

Go ahead and copy the information in and we will give it a shot. Another good thing you could try is searching on the error on the microsoft website ( or if you have access to Technet (although it can get pricey).

Quite often, a piece of hardware not installed/configured properly can cause many events to log because of the intricate dependencies on it. You need to determine (start at the time of the boot) whether you are getting a hardware error or software error first, then work from there.

I found out that it is a SQL error. I am going to reinstall SQL anyway since I believe that the install was corrupted in the first place because of the problems we were having with IIS› If that doesnt fix it, I will post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back