Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some Questions about VB.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

zytalyb

Programmer
Oct 17, 2011
DE
Hi All, I have noticed something in VB.NET and I want to ask you if you answer this 2 Questions:

Q1- When I create and save a new Project using an MS Access Database, so VB saves the Database in the Bin Folder and also in the Debug Folder. Is this Correct?

Q2- Please consider the following Case, on one device of the Company Server(F:\Test\Test\Bin\....etc) I have developed a small Program (MyProgram) that Accesses a MS Access DB and I want that it is possible to Setup this Prgram (MyProgram) on many Clients PCs, so that many Employees be able from their Clients, to Access the DB on the Server (F:\Test....etc) and manipulate the Database at Time, how can I do this, if possible?

Many thanks in advance for your help

You probably have the CopyLocal property of the db file set to True in Solution Explorer - try deleting the db files in your solution, reconnect to the appropriate (network) location and ensure that CopyLocal is False.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back