Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some questions about Callmanger 4.0 and Unity

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkdev

Technical User
Oct 14, 2010
FR
Hi,

I'm a beginner in CUCM (I was previously working on CCME and Avaya IP Office).

My customer needs is to play a wav file to all incoming call for one specific DID while making the operator phone rings.
The operator will proceed all incoming calls one by one using the Cisco Attendant Console (version 1.4).

My customer have an old Callmanager version (4.0) and old Unity version too (4.1)

How do I do this ?
I think I’ll have to create a pilot point and write a script for Unity ?

I was previously working on Avaya SME solutions, and this stuff was really easy to implement.
I hope it will be easy too with Callmanager.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Nicolas

We are doing something similar. Here's what I did: First create a CTI Route Point for the DID you want receiving the calls. Make sure it's configured to send all calls to voice mail (there's a check box for that). Now on the Unity, create a mailbox that's under the Operator's extension. It doesn't have to be used, but you need a mailbox with that number for the next step. Go into the Call Handlers section and create a new Call Handler with an extension that matches the CTI Route Point. Under the Greetings section, upload the WAV file, and make sure the Call Input box is unchecked. Finally under the After Greeting area, change the option to send the caller to a Subscriber. Select the Mailbox that you just created with the operator's extension and make sure the Attempt Transfer (not the greeting) is picked. Save the Call Handler and you're done!

Here's what happens:
1. Call comes in to DID and it's sent to the CTI-RP.
2. CTI-RP sends the call straight to Unity.
3. Call Handler is used and plays the wave file and won't let the caller enter any options.
4. Once the greeting is complete, the Unity then transfers the call to the operator's extension.
5. Attendant Console takes the call from there.

Thanks for your answer.

If I understand what you say, caller will have to listen the entire wav file and then they will have ring tone until operator hang up the call ?

Well that's a good start but I would like the wav file to be played while the operator phone rings.

The goal is that callers never have to ear ring tones.

Somebody told me this can be achieved with IPCC Express.

Do you know this software and do you think this is really the only way to achieved what I want to do ?

Again thanks for answering my post.

Best regards,

Nicolas.

Oh, I missed the part where it was during the ringing. I'm not sure of a way to do it while ringing as I'm not much of an IPCC pro. However, with the attendant console, it will play a specific MoH if the caller has to wait for an operator to become available. In that case, simply upload the wave file to the MoH servers (typically the CallManagers) and specify it in the attendant console config as the "User Hold MOH Audio Source". Now when callers are sent to the operator, they hear the wave file and once an operator is available, they'll hear ringing until the operator picks up their phone (shouldn't be very long unless they take their time answering).

The only drawback to this method is if there's already one person waiting on hold for an available operator and other calls in, the second caller will not hear the wave file at the start but instead hear exactly what the first caller is hearing.

Well, my customer wants this wav file to be played because there are too many calls simultaneously so we should have more than 1 call to ear it.

I've just notice that their voice gateway have a CUE module (in version 2.0).
So maybe the best way is to use BACD script ?

I'll make some research on BACD to see if we can make what we want.

Thanks for your help

Nicolas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back