Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some PCs are connecting and some are not

Status
Not open for further replies.

sas3

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2003
SG
Hi ,

I have problem in connecting to the citrx server recently.
I am using 6.01.963 clent. Using this I am able to connect from certain PCs and not able to from certain PC's.
After downloading 7.0 client, able to connect from certain PC's. Still there is no consistency in connectivity.

Please note that we are able to connect from anywhere till recently. This problem is coming after upgrading teh OS to W2K from NT. But the catch here is , we have 3 citrix servers and all are upgraded to W2K from NT at the same time.
This problem is occuring only with one servers. Other two servers are OK.

Please advise if you have any solution for this.

Thanks in advance

Sas3,

Although I am not too familiar with Citrix, I guess the next question to solving this would be if the problem is intermittent or it just doesn't connect at all? Are you able to ping the server from any or all workstations?

If your upgrade installation process is successful, it shouldn't have an effect on the internal network connectivity. Problem may lie in configuration settings.

Hi Zay,

Thanks for the interest. In fact we could solve the problem on Dec 10. The problem is with respect to the terminal server licence.
The terminal server was not completely installed. The problem is that the license server is not activated. As a result of this the server issued temporary licence for a period of 90 days. Once this is expired, we are having this problem. I have reinstalled the licence and we are able to connect from all over. But the problem will occur agian after 90 days , if we dont activate the license.

But the unanswered question is "why some usrs are able to connect even after the license expired and some or not".

Thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back