Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some of M3905 Phones displaying wrong date and time

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso30

Technical User
Dec 28, 2008
LB
Hi

We have a customer which is complaining that some of his
M3905 Phones are displaying wrong date and time suddenly;
They were working fine before.

Any ideas??

You should not have different dates (except maybe for a few minutes at midnight) but your phones will almost never display the same time on all of them.

You bought a phone system, not a clock.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

my sets have always displayed the same time on every one of them, unless a problem came along.

Mato' Was'aka

I saw this on a switch - the time could be hours different. Unplugging and replugging the sets was a workaround. I'm sure there are lots of other workarounds, but the customer thought this was the least risk at the time.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Turning the lamp audit on kept them closer for me on one switch.

Never seen a large switch have the exact same time on all phones, you were lucky I guess BigIndian lol The Customer even had us go to Nortel about it because they were using the phone logins as the time card. Nortel came back with the reply I posted earlier, you didnt buy a clock lol.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Wow, I think if they said that to me about a 300k dial ton, I would have a serious problem!! I've had to wait for it to "reach out" across link/hsl/ but never just had an out right mis match. I know NTP got off to a rough start, but I think it is the way to go on 5.0 and above once customers get there.

Mato' Was'aka

Wow, JohnTPG. I agreed with BigI until I just watched a 3904 and 2616 side by side. The 2616 turned to 8:22am about 20 seconds before the 3904 did. I always thought they were changed at the same time.

As for the 3905 problem, could it be that they are all on the same shelf and there may be a defective controller card?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

I don't consider that a mis-match, I know it filters out, but his problem says "Time and Date" and all the sudden. Makes me think DST is not correct when the date is suddenly off. If it is some, I bet eventually it is all!

Mato' Was'aka

Yeah, I understand the posted problem is worse than what our tangent was about but I always thought the phones changed at the exact second. When I read JohnTPG's post, I had to see it for myself. After all, the application servers' clocks (CCM & CallPilot) change the very second the PBX clock changes. I just always assumed the same for the phones.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Hi,

If the problem is ONLY on M3905, I would chek the phone firmware.

LD 32:

FSUM to check the system and the sets firmware.

FDLU L S C U to download the firmware (outage time here).

Hi guys
we have an opt61c rls 4.
Only 3 sets display wrong time and
date like 4 jan 2008.
If u do fwvu for those TNs u got an
NPR error like set not responding,
however those sets are 3905 and they
work fine in a call center environment
unless wrong time and date.
Thanks

Have you disu enlu those sets? I would fdlf or out and rebuild those 3 sets.

Mato' Was'aka

if you are not running lamp audit in rls 3 and above the 3900 series will drift time.. it was on by default prior to rls 3.. ld 77

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back