Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some missing parameter prompts when Crystal report first opened in Crystal Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eguthrie

Programmer
Nov 30, 2001
US
Hello. I have created a Crystal report that uses an Oracle function as its datasource.
Here is the function call that is contained in a Command object in the Crystal report file:
select t.* from TABLE(rvx_gtb_voucher('{?ParamType}',{?ResID},'{?EmbarkDateFrom}','{?EmbarkDateTo}','{?Ship}')) t

The report runs correctly in the Crystal Reports software. But our users are running it from Crystal Viewer that is launched from my company's proprietary application. When the report file is first opened from Crystal Viewer, the parameter screen that displays only contains the prompts for the parameters which are text boxes. The two parameters that contains dropdown list values (ParamType and Ship) do not appear.

At this point, if I select to run the report it will display incorrect reports. After that, when I click the refresh button, the parameter screen appears correctly with all 5 parameters and the report behaves correctly going forward.

How can I make the parameter screen correctly display all 5 parameters when the report is first opened? It behaves this way regardless of whether or not default parameter values are stored in the report file.

I have not encountered this problem when the report file is run agains report views or tables.

Please advise. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back