Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

some local outgoing calls complete and other don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

widemal

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
US
I have a Definity G3 v6. I created a new loop-start trunk group and changed all the applicable routes to the new trunk group. Some local calls complete just fine, but some don't. My initial troubleshooting indicates the NXXs associated with cell phones work, but the NXX associated with land lines don't. I'm stumped on this one. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

If this is a new circuit, then I would check with the carrier, and make sure they have set the circuit up correctly.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was actually a funky npa on the routing. They had all the routing pointed to npa 200 for local calls. Our npa is 712. It was weird though, it worked for some, but not for other local numbers. Also, I had tried changing the NPA to 712 earlier. Perhaps I didn't have the right combination of changes for that to work the first time.....Anyway, it appears to be resolved. I appreciate your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back