Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some Links don't work in web browsers!! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuhair

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2003
US
Hello,

All internet connection stuff works fine on my computer at work, but when using the web browser (both opera and ie6) it won't load pages for certian links. It will just say "page cannot be displayed".

All other office computers work fine. the links that don't work are for example yahoo actions and maps, when you click on the picture.

Like this link:

when you go to maps.yahoo.com and click on "yellowpages" it doens't work.

Anyone know how to fix this? thanks

With IE6 you may want to compare your Internet options setting with other computers at your office. You can got to tools - Internet options the Advanced tab and note any diffrences between your system and a system that can see the links. Make sure that the other users are running the same version.You can check by selecting help then About Internet Explorer. You may have already tried these things but it is a starting point.

I also use IE6 and Opera I was able to see the Yellow pages link but the first link did not work with IE6 or Opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back