Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some lateral thinking required

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntinlin

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2002
GB
Bit long winded so please bear with me.

Users have started looking at a new external CRM provider.
This providers standard way of working is to get external EWS access to clients mailboxes and a contacts public folder, extract relevant mails and do a 2 way contact sync.
This is a complete non-starter due to our security policies.

Since they also support pulling copies of the e-mails that users place in a PF we had the idea that we could set up a 2nd EX2010 server in our DMZ and sync the contacts and mail PF's to that. CRM people could then pick up and sync to the DMZ server and then we'd pull back any changes.

So we'd obviously need to find something to do the PF syncs. Anyone know of a stand-alone syncer (not the MS Interorg tool since that needs EX2003 as an endpoint), or am I stuck with something like using the PF bits Quest or Priasoft migration software which isn't really designed for permanent use?

Or indeed does anyone have any better ideas about how we could go about this?
Thanks
Neill

You're going to run into an unsupported scenario by putting a domain joined Exchange server in a perimeter network.

You're essentially looking at using one tool to accomodate what you don't want another tool to do. If you're going to be syncing data automatically back and forth, the potential for corrupt and/or incorrect data still applies.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com swag? I've got mine! Pick some up at
Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

I also think it's a non-starter but have to do the legwork to prove it unfortunately.

As expected Priasoft don't support their product except for temporary migration based purposes.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back