Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some indesign questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

samjoy

Programmer
Apr 28, 2009
GB
Hi, can anyone take the time to help me with these. I have learnt from books and online but cant find these little things.

1.How do I duplicate a shape so it copies to its same location, if I use cut and paste it pastes it to one side and I have to align etc.
2.If I want to scale things I usually press CTRL+ALT to scale from centre in illy and photoshop, but cant use this command in indesign is there an equivelent method.
3.Should I embed files in the links pallet where possible.
4.When wanting to move vector shapes from illy to i cut and paste or place AI file or PDF, whats the difference.
Many thanks if anyone can help.
sam

1. edit > paste in place

2. use the scale tool, holding shift key

3. no, always link where possible

3. cut and paste from illy makes the vector shapes native indesign objects meaning you can use the indesign tools to edit the shapes that have been pasted...

...placing ai or pdf means linking to the external file on your hard drive (shows in the links palette) meaning you cannot directly edit the elements, you need to open in the originating application to edit.

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back