Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some help with forms and rights management

Status
Not open for further replies.

krillo

Technical User
Feb 15, 2007
SE
Hi everyone!

I have a problem I cant get my head around. This is the scenario:

I have several, pretty uninspiring, price lists in PDF. What my sales department wants is to be able to edit the prices in the lists easily. This lead me to think using form fields would be a good idea. I usually create these with Acrobat which I believe also uses Livecycle for automatic field recognition to make the fields.

This is all well and good which gives me with little effort a PDF with form fields that anyone can fill out. And here lies the problem. I dont know how to lock the fields after they have been edited. See, we dont want customers to be able to edit the form fields later for obvious reasons.
Im sure there are different ways to handle this, but I need some instructions on how. THe people who are going to handle this are not necessarily tech heads so it shouldnt be too hard. Also its probably fair to assume that most of them will only have Acrobat Reader.

Some help?

Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 and upper version has the feature, UsageRights enable in Adobe Reader, that means after the convert, the Adobe Reader can save filled PDF Form.

btw, base on this function, I have developed a "Batch UsageRights Enable".

Chinese Blog:iTextSharp tutorial C# version:
iTextSharp asp.net 2.0 Demo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back