Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some GPO's not working on 2003 R2 box

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarzan

Programmer
Apr 22, 2003
US
I'm having a puzzling problem with a GPO. Domain Controller is SBS 2008.

I have one GPO with the following settings under User Config > Policies > Admin Templates
Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page > Site to Zone Assignment List
This policy is enabled, and I have one site added to the Intranet Zone, and a few sites added to the Trusted Sites zone.

Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page > Trusted Sites zone
Both "Download unsigned ActiveX controls" and "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" are Enabled.

All is working fine for the workstations (XP SP3) and one 2003 Server (SP2) that we have... all policies are applied as expected. But I just loaded a new 2003 Server (this one is R2 with SP2), and the "Site to Zone Assignment List" is NOT being applied. However, the two ActiveX settings ARE being applied, and all other GPO's are working fine.

I can't figure out, is there something I'm missing? Would I be better off posting in the 2003 forum?

I also posted this question in the Server 2003 forum:
thread931-1629569

D'oh, I figured it out, knew it was going to end up being something simple... IE Enhanced Security Configuration was enabled; disabling did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back