Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some forms blank over the network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphus

Technical User
Dec 30, 2004
GB
When i put a shortcut to my database on another machine, it opened okay and was read ony which is what i expected and wanted but some forms show up as they should and other forms show up blank with just the style that i am using for the forms any ideas?????

ralphus

Do you get error messages?

Are any of the tables "linked"? (Access will complain about not being able to find the table, and display a blank form)

A blank form may also indicate no records found.

Do you have code behind the form that can interfere with the dound records -- for example, displays the current date, but fails because the form is read-only.

If the form is read-only, then you may have a hard time using unbound combo and list boxes used to find records.

Cheers wilir
it turned out the forms that were remaining blank were the ones which contained no data in the tables, they worked fine after i had put test data into them. Cheers i would not have been able to have known that without your help.

one other problem though is, if someone enters the database on the machine it is held on, noone else can enter into the database, Is there a way around this. Only one peron will be entering the data, the rest need to view it for entries, would this be something to do with setting rights to the file or anything?

cheers willir if only i could give you more than one star lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back