Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some email addresses in contacts list have a comma

Status
Not open for further replies.

triffe

Technical User
Jun 21, 2001
US
Has anyone ever seen commas suddenly start showing up at the end of email addresses for some of the contacts in Outlook? Three different users over the last two months have had a few emails returned to them recently as undeliverable. Each email was sent to only one person. When I review the returned email error message, each failed message had a comma after the email address in the contacts record.

When I review the address book, not all their contacts have a comma at the end of the email address. And some of the contacts that have the comma at the end have been setup for a while. None of the users remember changing the email addresses recently to add this comma.

One of the users is running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro. The other two are running Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000. All three have the latest office and windows patches.

My first thought was some weird virus or something. But we are running Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 8.1 with updated virus definitions (checks for updates every hour), and we do a full weekly scan of each workstation with no evidence of infection.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back