Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

some domain users deleted from group

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim178

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2002
AU
hi all

i am runing server 2008r2 with xp sp3 workstations and i am finding that specific users are being deleted from groups that i join them to.

i have copied other users accounts that are ok and also blown their account away in the AD and created new user with same name but they still get deleted from the group. very frustrating to say the least any help most appreciated and i thank you for any help in advance.

What group(s) is this issue occurring with? Active Directory Groups or Local Groups on the workstations?

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, CWTS

Have you tried just creating a user account from scrath, add a group in question, and then not using the account?

Do this and also be aware of what OU you are putting it in.

Also look at your group policies and their is no group membership being assigned there.

How long does it take before the membership goes away?

i have created a new user
i have copied a user that does not loose their group
it drops out with 24hours

in desperation i have created another group different name and all is well

this is strange it is only happening with 3 users.

Are these AD groups security groups or distribution groups? If they are DGs then it's possible that someone has been listed in AD as the manager of the group, and they would have the ability to change group membership without going through AD Users and Computers.

Have you tried making the change during a weekend or after hours when there presumably wouldn't be anyone else working that would undo the change?

Other than that, how big is your environment? Is it feasible to enable logging?

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back