Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some calls appending "#" sign...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraftsha

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
I have a location with a G3v7 (old, I know). We are trying to get Toll Bypass working. It is working everywhere except to 2 locations in Germany. A "#" is being appended to the end of the dialed number and the gateway can't read it.

Does anyone know why this is happening? They can call other sites using same trunk group and same route pattern without anything being appended.

Thanks!

What is the MIN and MAX digits being used in ARS for the working numbers vs the non-working numbers? The switch may be appending the pound when you do not have a matched length entry in ars and are less digits than the MAX.

If you are dialing 123456789 and using an ars entry like:

123 min 5 max 15 p99

try adding a more explicit entry of the correct digit length like:

12345 min 9 max 9 p99

-CL

Thanks for your response.

This site is using the aar table to dial...it then gets passed to the gateway, but the gateway dosen't like it.

We dial the 8 to get to the aar table, then dial the 7-digit number that points to the other sides gateway...they are all setup in the aar table with 7 min and 7 max.

Thanks...

so 2 different 7 digit numbers using the same aar entry and route pattern, 1 is appending a # and 1 is not? try "list aar route-chosen xxxxxxx" for the good number and the failing number to triple check they are using the exact same aar entry. It seems like they are 2 different entries perhaps with the same route but with different call types.

-CL

I have 2 different numbers both starting with 1 that use 2 different aar entries....here is a sample...160 and 176 are setup the same way as 249, but 160 and 176 append a # at the end of the dialed string. When I do the "list aar route-chosen 81766631" I get route 8 which is what all calls get because they prepend it with the 8 to get to the aar table. If I do "list aar route-chosen 1766631#" I get the 176 aar route.

Dialed String Min Max Route Call Type
160 7 7 77 aar
176 7 7 77 aar
249 7 7 77 aar

Everything looks exactly the same for each 3-digit entry that I put in, but these 2 entries...they look like the others, but for some reason, they are appending a # sign at the end...I was thinking it was because they start with a "1".

Thanks for your help!
-SK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back