Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some advice for adding content to my website ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
First off - here is my site

Basicaly its lacking in content but only because I've simply not been able to reach a decision as to how to show the content on the 'GAMES' page of the site.

As you can see, there is a small table which has an alphabetical listing A-Z of gaming titles.

Upon clicking any of those letters - I intend to bring up a respective list of gaming titles for that particular letter, i.e if the user clicked 'A' for example then the list would be..

Apidya
Altered Beast
A10 Tank Destroyer
Alone In the Dark
" "
" "

these titles would in turn, themselves be clickable links.

So clicking on Apidya would simply bring up the details of that game - perhaps screenshots, a mini review of the game (a small paragraph no more) and a link to a video of that game itself (which would be stored in the 'videos' page).

Should I use PhP (what im thinking of atm), Fireworks or CSS layouts to accomplish this ?

im just unable to reach a decision - hence been hesitant, slow and reluctant to 'go further' with the site development.

advice/tips/thoughts all accepted thanks

I'd use a combination of PHP and CSS. There's no need to separate them.

If you have a Database of said games, its easy to use PHP to bring out the relevant games upon clicking the link, and simply use CSS to style the entries returned by PHP.

Personally I'd also offer a search function, again if you ave a database of the games, this would be very easy to implement.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Yes, a template page fed by a database would mean you would have one page that did the work.

So PHP and mySQL for you I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back