Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solution: Parsing Logon Password To Navigate To Particular Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

open4biz

Programmer
Dec 17, 2002
US
1) Create several passwords. Make sure one has total access to the website (a master password). I created one that had limited access with a blank [No password] password.

2) Create groups to reflect the level/purpose of the password. I created a 'DBA' group, 'Staff' group, a 'Guest' group, and associated a password with each of them. NOTE: The master password will associate itself with all groups.

3) Create a script called Opening Script, or something like that. Assign the document to run the script when opened. No sense in assigning a layout to start with, since your script will be determining which layout to go to.

4) Modify or use the following script to control which layout groups (passwords) will start with:

Toggle Window [Maximize]
Freeze Window
If ["Status(CurrentGroups) = "Guest""]
Go to Layout ["You Decide 01"]
Else
If ["Status(CurrentGroups) = "Staff""]
Go to Layout ["You Decide 02"]
Else
Go to Layout ["You Decide 03"]
End If
Refresh Window[]

As you can see, the Status(CurrentGroups) information for the master password is the default match if none of the other criteria match. Trust me, it's easier this way! Otherwise, you're going to have to get into calculation fields and carriage returns to parse the information correctly. That's what I did the first time and smacked myself on the forehead when I figured out how to do it this way.

I hope this helps someone... I thought it was a rather clever improvement on my database, myself and thought it would be fun to provide a solution before the question were ever asked. :eek:)

Cheers,

-Ansel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back