Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidus 8.3 Desktop Manager "Failed to connect to logon web service".

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynestatix

Technical User
Nov 4, 2013
NZ
Hi There. Can someone assist me on how to make the Desktop manager working? On a client PC, the application has been reinstalled coming from the right link installer. I am getting the error ""Failed to connect to logon web service". Please assist.
Thanks.

Can be anything really.
First test you need to do is to fire up a client on the server.
If that works, you need to check the usual suspects like firewall on server or client, dns, netbios connectivity.
If all that is fine, and it still does not work, you will need to make a Wireshark trace on the client to see what's happening.

Best regards,
Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
Helping people is my job...

Run secsetup.exe on the client and check the broker and webservice name is correct for the server, and that you can pimg the name.

Then restart IIS on the server, and reopen DM,

Bet parnum

Hi whosrdaddy and parnum.
I found out what the fault was. The client was installing the incorrect application version coming from incorrect installation path.

should be coming from \\SERVERNAME\nextccclient\setup.exe
This resolved the issue now.

Thanks for the assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back