Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solicitors Calling Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtetryyt

MIS
Feb 14, 2008
US
I get a bunch of sales calls from the same people every month. I set up a solicitor mailbox of 1111. I have been writing down the DID numbers of these sales people each month. Isn't there a table that I can enter them into that automatically takes their incoming call and routes it to the 1111 solicitor mailbox?

If your phone number is redefined as a VDN you could use a Vector Routing Table (vrt) to capture the ANI and screen on that. Depending on the number of vendors, you could do it in the vector itsels (go to step x if ani =).

Kevin

I use: change inc-call-handling-trmt trunk-group xx (trunk group #)

Then program the service feature as "other", length "10", Delete "10", Insert "xxxx" (vdn/vector used to give a busy signal then stop to drop the call)

We've been called from 228-209-9560 several thousand times. "lower your interest rate Spam call".

You must have a PRI/ISDN and recieve the CID / ANI for it to work.

On older versions of CM this form is in the trunk group itself.

It's a pain when you have many trunks to touch... but it does block the call from reaching your internal customers.

Thanks,

Wildcard

How are you able to put in "Other" -- mine (CM 5.1.1) is prefilled to "public-network

I can't change public-network, it's not changeable :(

BDhodges - Your Service\Feature field is pre filled in because that's what you have in the trunk group form for service type. (page 1 left side, about 4 lines down)

If you change it CBC then it will warn you that it's going to change in ICHT field, but once you go back to change the incomming call handling treatment then you can program "other".

However, ICHT is based on the number "called" not the calling number so I'm not sure how wildchard is getting it to work by putting in the "calling" number.

rtmckee

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Thanks ... I was wondering about that because I thought the incoming call treatment manipulated the digits received, e.g. DNIS or DID, and was skeptical that you could take action based on ANI. I've had to use up EC500 licenses before to block telemarketers and the ability to take ANI action at the trunk group is so sorely needed!

Ok... I was soooo very wrong. I could of sworn I had this working. I just tested and re-tested. No dice... I might have confused it with what I was doing on a particular "dialed" number.

Sorry about that Tek Tip users. Please ignore what I have posted above. I wish I could edit my post...

Thanks for the correction rtmckee.

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back