Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris x86 and Emulex HBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

djessi

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2006
CM
Hi,
We have 2 HP Proliant servers, in one server we added an Emulex HBA card and installed the driver but it does not work (does not see HBA), in the other server we added HBA without installing the driver and it works (we discover that the driver is already included in Solaris 10). We compared the 2 systems, they are almost the same but we do not understand why the first one is not working.
Did anyone faced this problem ?
Thanks for help
Djessi

If you uninstall the driver you installed on the first server, and reboot does it then recognise the card?

Of course... if the driver you installed replaced the packages supplied with Solaris then this won't help...

Annihilannic.

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, the driver we installed replaced the packages supplied
with Solaris. The point is that it is the same version of driver and when we compare the 2 systems we do not see a great diferrence. So if we uninstall it I don't think it will work. Is there a way to install only the package containing the driver from Solaris ?
Regards
Djessi

Yes, you can reinstall the packages (SUNWemlxs and SUNWemlxu) from the original Solaris CD or DVD. But if they are exactly the same revision as the ones you installed, I guess it won't help.

Can you see the Emulex HBAs in the output of /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag on both systems?

Have you compared the output of prtconf on both systems for those devices?

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back