Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solaris management console - solaris 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelo23

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
Why is it that when I open the Solaris Management Console on my server, that Left Panel where is reads "This Computer"... Mine reads as "This Computer (0.0.0.0)".... Why doesn't it give me my server Name(EAGLE) or correct IP address??.... What file(s) do i need to edit to correct this??... Is it possible that when installing the solaris 9 software that I skipped something or left something out??
When I try to add a user via the SMC I get an error message saying something in regard to the Domain management file... I'm not sitting infront of the server so I don't have the entire error message but it was something along that line... Any help would be appreciated...

Take a look under System Configuration -> Computers and Networks... You should see you server listed... Check the properties to see if the nodename and IP address is listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back