Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris ICA client problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blixa

MIS
Jun 25, 2001
SE
First some background info:

Our site:
3 NT4/TS Metaframe 1.8 servers (2 servers with TS sp6 - MF sp2 and 1 testserver with TS sp6 - MF sp3)
WinNT4/W2k clients (with both 3.x and 6.x ICA clients)
Solaris 2.6 / 7 / 8 clients (with both 3.00.20 and 6.0.915 ICA clients)

On the Windows machines there is no problems, but the latest Unix clients does seem to have some strange behaviour. I hope anyone can point me in the right direction!

#1: Not proper encryption level, even if we are using Basic on both client/server..
I "solved" this by lowering encryption level on the server to None, and the SysAdmin "solved" his problem by editing some files for that specific connection (to another server, with Basic encryption). We didn't have to do this on the old client, so I guess it has something to do with the latest one.. Any ideas?

#2: "Warning: Locale not supported by C library, Locale unchanged"
When I try to connect to published apps using the Solaris 3.00.20 client, it works just fine, but using the 6.0.915 I get this error message &quot;Warning: Locale not supported by C library, Locale unchanged&quot;. After some changes in settings I finally got to authenticate against the server, but only to see a &quot;MS windows&quot; messagebox &quot;Error: The system can not find the file specified. Failing component: # <ipnumber of my server>&quot;. In the Xterm that started the Citrix client it says &quot;couldn't set locale correctly&quot;.. Any ideas?

#3: Strange keyboard
This problem exists on both 3.0.x and 6.0.x Unix clients.. when connecting to a server and starting MS Word (or any other Office product) the <> button doesn't work on our swedish keyboard. It works fine under Notepad / Wordpad.. but not under Office97/2000! Yet again, it works perfectly using the Windows client, so if anyone has a solution I would be a very happy man! :)

Best Wishes,
Jonas

I haven't seen any issues with encryption using this client, but there were some unicode fixes that went into the 6.0 client.

Check the locale settings carefully on the client machine and in the ICA client - make sure they all match. I have noticed oddities with the key you mention.

I proved to myself that having a different setting on the client can cause this key to display incorrect characters - even if the ICA Keyboard setting is set to auto. This should be explicitly set to the language you are using in Option, Settings, Keyboard Layout AND Keyboard Type - eg Sun Type 4.

I hope this helps

I'm having the same problems (encryption & locale C library). Have you figured anything out?

maybe a solution to #2..
The system can not find the file specified. Failing component: # <ipnumber of my server> (or name if specified in /etc/hosts)

The citrix NT/2000 server is prob. looking for a drive letter...you can solve this by using the option drive map.
in the options menu..

Hopes this works..

Renzar D

Hi again!

Sorry for not replying sooner..

I managed to solve problem #2 by adding the master browser to options => server location. I think I tried this before.. but I guess I must have entered the wrong one (we didn't have a dedicated master browser..).

It still says that I have the wrong locale .. but at least it works!

I have heard rumors about #1 (wrong encryption level) being solved when upgrading to the newest Solaris client, 6.20.976, has anyone verified this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back