Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 9 OpenSSH question

Status
Not open for further replies.

reinstalled

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2003
Hi All,

Sorry if this gets lengthy.

I have a Solaris 8 box on my Network using OpenSSh from sunfreeware (pre Solaris 9) that acts as an SSH server and is used for secure port redirection to our clients servers. They run anywhere from Solaris 7 to 10 We set up key exchange for no password prompt as this runs in the background. This set up
has worked great for the last few years we have used this solution. Now, however, I am having authentication issues with just one, new install of Solaris 9 fully updated. From looking at the verbose output it appears as the key versions are different? Has there been an update to openssh on Solaris?

Any thoughts?

Are you using OpenSSH on your Solaris 9 box? Solaris 9 comes with a Sun version of SSH. Make sure you are running the right one. /usr/local/bin/sshd

I have had some problems mixing versions in the past.

Yes. Sorry, should have clarified.
I am running OpenSSH on my server in the office which connects to some OpenSSH and some Solaris 9, and 10 OpenSSH versions just fine.

The version on the server in question is Solaris OpenSSH

Sorry to keep brining it up... but I would check the ssh client version as well.

I had a problem where the Sun SSH was first the my PATH so i was connecting using Sun SSH Client to OpenSSH Server. Things like mget wouldnt work via sftp (not supported with Sun SSH.

Ya I thought there may be a version conlict or something along those lines. sunsolve doesn't really mention ssh updates to the Solaris OE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back