Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 5.8 Upgrade is causing Date Format issues in Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayantT

Programmer
Mar 28, 2014
GB
Hi

I have a JAVA based application in development and production environment. These two environments are exactly identical in terms of OS, hardware and application components.

Initially the OS was Solaris 5.6 and the application was working fine in both environments. But later when the OS was upgraded to Solaris 5.8, the Production environment is having date format issues. I mean there is a functionality in the applicaiton where if an user does not login to application for 90 days i.e. 3 months, his account is locked out.

But after Solaris 5.8 upgrade, the accounts are getting locked evry 3rd day only in production environment. We have verrifed the application code and there is no difference and also the JDK installed is same in both environments.

We have checked the timezone and locale settings on the servers and they are also identical.

Can you please help help me here what to look at as this issue is causing a lot of problems ?

Thanks,
Jayant

I assume you have already compared the 2 files below on both development and prod?

/etc/default/login & /etc/default/passwd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back